Martin Agricultural Research Fund Scholarship
Annually, the Office of Academic Programs awards multiple $2000 scholarships (applied towards your Purdue tuition and fees in the following academic year through the Financial Aid Office) to students who demonstrate high academic performance, quality research contributions, and a desire for continued learning about research in agriculture. The Office of Agricultural Research and Graduate Education provides an additional $500 to the student recipient's faculty research mentor for supplies and expenses incurred during the course of the student's research. These scholarships are very competitive awards with recipients and mentors being selected by the College of Agriculture Administration. The application deadline is March 30, 2020, for the 2020-2021 academic year scholarships.
The successful applicant will (with the help of a faculty research mentor):
- Continue or initiate a new research project.
- Apply for the scholarship.
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from student's research mentor.
- Submit a short research progress report at the end of each semester.
- Showcase research at the annual Purdue Undergraduate Research Conference in April 2021.
- Application is required and must be submitted no later than March 30, 2020. It should include a description of the research subject, introduction, literature review, hypotheses and objectives; approaches to be used and expected results. Students are encouraged to seek help from research advisors to complete the proposal.
- Letter of recommendation is required from the student's research mentor and should address the student's research potential, academic success and verify that research space is available for the student's project. Additionally, preference is given to support research mentors who are faculty from the College of Agriculture.
- Student's academic performance is taken into consideration when reviewing applications and preference is given to students with a 3.0 and above cumulative G.P.A.
- Student applications submitted in Spring 2020 are allocated for the 2020-2021 academic year. Applications are only reviewed once a year in the spring for the following academic year.
- Allocation includes a $1000 scholarship per semester for the fall and spring semesters.
- Student must be registered as a full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours) College of Agriculture undergraduate student while receiving the scholarship.
- Student must register for research credit during each semester of the scholarship and must complete a written progress report at the end of each semester.
- Student must prepare an oral presentation or poster for the Purdue Undergraduate Research Conference held in April each year.