1. Application is required and must be submitted no later than March 28, 2018. It should include a description of the research subject, introduction, literature review, hypotheses and objectives; approaches to be used and expected results. Students are encouraged to seek help from research advisors to complete the proposal.
2. Letter of recommendation is required from the student's research mentor and should address the student's research potential, academic success and verify that research space is available for the student's project. Additionally, preference is given to support research mentors who are faculty from the College of Agriculture.
3. Student's academic performance is taken into consideration when reviewing applications and preference is given to students with a 3.0 and above cumulative G.P.A.
4. Student applications submitted in Spring 2018 are allocated for the 2018-2019 academic year. Applications are only reviewed once a year in the spring for the following academic year.
5. Allocation includes $1000 per semester for the fall and spring semesters.
6. Student must be registered as a full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours) College of Agriculture undergraduate student while receiving the scholarship.
7. Student must register for research credit during each semester of the scholarship and must complete a written progress report at the end of each semester.
8. Student must prepare an oral presentation or poster for the Purdue Undergraduate Research Conference in April.