1. Application is required and must be submitted no later than March 24, 2017. It should include a description of the subject, introduction, literature review, hypotheses and objectives, approaches to be use and expected results. Students are encouraged to seek help from research advisors to complete the proposal.
2. Letter of recommendation is required from the student's research mentor and should address the student's research potential and academic success and verify that research space is available for the student's project.
3. There is no specific GPA requirement for these scholarships. However, the student's academic performance is taken into consideration when reviewing applications.
4. Student applications submitted in Spring 2017 are allocated for the 2017-2018 academic year.
5. Allocation includes $1000 per semester for the fall and spring semesters. (Note: If the student is on campus only for the fall semester, allocation will be $1000 for the fall semester only.)
6. Student must be registered as a full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours) College of Agriculture undergraduate student while receiving the scholarship.
7. Student must register for research credit during each semester of the scholarship and must complete a written report at the end of each semester.
8. Student must prepare a poster for the Purdue University Undergraduate Research and Poster Symposium in April. If a recipient graduates in December, a detailed research report must be submitted to Mary Helen Halsema (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the end of the fall semester.