The Numbers and More, 1960-61
Number Students and Graduates
1,295 Undergraduate Students, Fall Semester
205 Graduates, Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
18 Graduates, Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering
22 Graduates, Bachelor of Science in Forestry
106 Winter Courses in Agriculture Participants
Number Faculty, Courses and Academic Majors
11 Academic Departments
375 Faculty Members
260 Courses Offered to Undergraduates
15 Academic Majors
Dollars Academic Year Fees, Undergraduate (Excludes special fees, includes tuition paid only by nonresidents)
$240 Indiana Residents ($2,043 in 2018 dollars, inflation-adjusted)
$615 Nonresident, U.S. Citizens ($5,236 in 2018 dollars, inflation-adjusted)
Purdue Agriculture, 1960-61
- The Forestry Club float took top campus honors in the Annual Senior Cord Parade before the first football game against UCLA.
- The School of Veterinary Science and Medicine buildings were dedicated on October 12, 1960.
- In 1960, John F. Kennedy won the U.S. Presidential election.
- Aluminum cans were used for the first time.
- Xerox introduced its first copier.