Who is Eligible for the Program?
The Leadership Development Certificate Program is available to all students enrolled in the College of Agriculture who meet the below requirements. You must have:
- At least three semesters remaining in your degree program prior to entering the Leadership Development Certificate Program.
- Good academic standing. It is expected that you will remain in good academic standing throughout the program.
How do I Apply?
If you are enrolled in the College of Agriculture, have three semesters remaining and are in good academic standing, the next step is to complete the Statement of Intent form. Submit it, along with a résumé, to the Leadership Development Certificate Program electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Leadership Development Certificate Program Committee will review your application and assign you a coach based on your preferences, if possible. Both you and the coach will be notified of this action and you may then proceed with the program.
Expectations of the Student
The following is an overview of the various requirements for the Leadership Development Certificate Program. The specifics of each requirement are addressed more fully in the following sections of this website.
- Submit a Statement of Intent Form with a Résumé: This is the first step in being admitted into the Leadership Development Certificate Program.
- Coach Assigned: Students will be assigned a leadership coach. Leadership coaches are faculty and administrative professional staff members from the College of Agriculture who have attended LDCP training.
- Complete a Leadership Skills and Attributes Self-Assessment: All participating students will complete a self-assessment.
- Complete a Personal Development Plan: Following completion of a self-assessment, you will complete a Personal Development Plan. This will include establishing self-improvement goals in at least four of the thirteen leadership skills and attributes. Personal growth is expected in all four areas of leadership development and is to be reflected in the portfolio.
- Participate in a minimum of 20 points worth of leadership development activites, events, and experience required to achieve all four leadership badges. See the Point Chart for more information.
- Develop a Portfolio: Working with a leadership coach, you will develop a portfolio that documents your progress on the four major self-improvement goals identified in your personal development plan as well as personal growth in all leadership skills and attributes.
For students enrolled in LDCP beginning before the Fall 2015 Semester, please consult the manual
for the program description and requirements.