AG STEM - Academic Boot Camp
2019 Academic Boot Camp Flyer -
(College of Ag, College of Sci, & PolyTech College students featured above)
Looking for a head start in college?
We are excited to see you on campus this fall as you start your academic career with the College of Agriculture. To help you get the most out of your first year at Purdue University, you are invited to participate in a special five-week program this summer to make the transition from high school to college as smooth as possible. The STEM Academic Boot Camp will be held from
July 7 – August 9, 2019.
You’ve been told that college will provide different academic challenges than high school did, even for those students who have performed well. The Academic Boot Camp (ABC) has been designed to assist you successfully navigate these differences.
This program is made possible by grants and gifts from: John Deere, CHS, Corteva, and The College of Agriculture
When you attend, you will:
- Be introduced to college-level coursework and the necessary self-discipline to complete it
- Be provided academic tools to succeed in the colleges of Agriculture, Technology, Science, and Engineering
- Become acclimated to campus
- Establish a beneficial network of students and professors
There are multiple benefits to your participation in this program including:
- Experience college life before it counts toward your GPA
- Start your freshman year with the confidence that comes from already knowing some of the important material
During your five-week attendance in the program, you will take classes in the subjects of (but not limited to):
- Time management
- Undergraduate Research Projects
In addition, since college isn’t all work, you will engage in various recreational opportunities throughout the program.
- Water Park
- Ropes Course
- Day in Chicago and or Indianapolis
- Cultural Center Activities
July 7 - August 9, 2019
- Registration to the program is limited to the first 10 students.
Final Registration Deadline is
June 7, 2019 at full price - $1650.00
Participants may check in on Sunday, July 7, 2019 between 1:30pm and 3:30pm. Please allow ample travel time as the program will begin promptly at 3:30pm Eastern Standard Time.
Thanks to the college of agriculture donors, industry and government sponsors, there is a minimal cost for the program.
For more information on this program, send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Office of Multicultural Programs at (765) 494-9586.
Non-refundable deposit of $150.00
- If you register
by May 15 with the College of Agriculture concentration, the cost is
$500 ($1K scholarship)
- If you register
May 16 - June 7 with the College of Agriculture concentration, the cost is
$1000 ($500 Scholarship)
- In addition, you may need to purchase supplies for class, but minimal.
- Students with a strong desire to attend the program, but who lack financial means, should contact Myron McClure, Assistant Director of the Office of Multicultural Programs in Agriculture, at (765) 494-9586 or email:
email@example.com. Additional Scholarships may be available after the deadline until June 21, 2019.