Why Join MANRRS?
Besides meeting other great people in your major across the U.S. and all the fun the local chapter of MANRRS-Purdue has as an organization, here are a few specific reasons to join:
- Access to the MANRRS Educational Endowment Fund to provide educational scholarships for undergraduate student members.
- Become a national officer for MANRRS for outreach to under-represented populations to inform potential students about opportunities in agriculture and related sciences.
- Access to Top 100 companies in agriculture and related sciences looking to fill internships and permanent positions every year from freshmen to senior year or masters to doctorial members.
- Giving back to the community through semester service projects and mentoring of high school students through our Jr. MANRRS chapters.
- Developing your diversity awareness, identity, and competence
- Travels out of state twice a year to present your research through public speaking, posters, debate, small grant writing and other skills obtained through your matriculation to graduation.
- An annual membership directory to provide student members national exposure in career and graduate study markets.
- Participate in the regional and national conference across the nation.
- Develop professional networking skills
- Friendships that last a life time.
- Over 1200 members nation-wide
- Over 70 Chapters across the nation
- Present in 38 states and Puerto Rico
Local - Purdue University
- Originated in 1992; Active Chapter since 1993
- Chapter of the Year Recipient
- Junior MANRRS Chapters - Indianapolis and Gary