Purdue Agriculture will be the world’s leading land-grant college of agriculture, food, life, and natural resource sciences. We will embrace the land-grant ideal in all we do:
- Engaging with our students, stakeholders, and partners in Indiana and around the world.
- Developing solutions to address society’s most important issues.
- Working across disciplines in creative and productive ways.
- Integrating our learning, discovery, and engagement missions.
- Creating an inclusive culture that supports innovation, excellence, and respect for all.
Purdue Agriculture will help make Indiana, our nation, and our world better through:
- Students prepared to make a difference.
- Research with purpose, leading to discovery with impact.
- Engagement/Extension that strengthens lives and livelihoods.
- An inclusive culture that supports excellence in all we do.
- Passion, for the students we educate, the stakeholders we serve, the work we do, the places we work and study.
- Stakeholder engagement with purpose, and the impact it makes possible.
- Creativity, bringing bold, new thinking to our scholarship and our work.
- Excellence, being the very best that we can be, in all we do.
- Diversity, in the fullest and richest sense of the word, across our people, our stakeholders, our ideas, our work.
- Respect, for all individuals, for all perspectives, for all missions.
Building a sustainable and secure food production system
We play a critical role in assuring a safe, nutritious, and sustainable food supply for a growing world.
Utilizing molecular approaches to expand the frontiers of agriculture, food, natural resource, and life sciences.
We tackle the most basic science problems using molecular tools to improve agricultural production, preserve diverse landscapes, and positively affect human health.
Developing a robust bioeconomy to feed and power the world
We work to understand and develop renewable energy sources and bio-products in support of a society transitioning to a bio-based economy.
Enhancing food and health
We work at the interface of food and health, making food safer, improving nutrition, reducing waste, and adding value.
Strengthening ecological and environmental integrity
We address issues of climate change and global sustainability, taking an ecosystems approach to answer fundamental questions affecting our air, land, water, and other natural resources.
Facilitating informed decision-making to improve economic and social well-being
We help farmers and industry develop solutions to increase economic vitality, build human capacity and capacity within communities, and contribute to important policy debates.