Ag + STEM
The Purdue Agriculture PK-12 Council is excited to offer the Virtual Ag+STEM Camp during Purdue Spring Fest at Home! Live lessons will be held on April 12-15 at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. (ET).
Drs. Hui-Hui Wang and Neil Knobloch co-teach a graduate course called “Teaching STEM Through Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources.” These graduate students will teach seven virtual Ag+STEM lessons that they developed as part of their course assignment, and would appreciate feedback from K-12 students and families who participate in their lessons.
Each lesson is 45 minutes in length. The Zoom link will be emailed to you after you register, and recordings will be available after Purdue Spring Fest at Home. Although the lessons may require a few resources that should be easily accessible in your home, there is no registration fee for lessons.
- April 12th
- 6:00 p.m. EDT - The Importance of Pollinators
- 7:15 p.m. EDT - Exploiting Engineering and Technology to Package Burgers
- April 13th
- 6:00 p.m. EDT - The Water Cycle
- 7:15 p.m. EDT - Homemade Hydroponics
- April 14th
- 6:00 p.m. EDT - The Insect Lifecycle
- April 15th
- 6:00 p.m. EDT - Meet Your Meats: Part 1
- 7:15 p.m. EDT - Meet Your Meats: Part 2