on our Mission, Vision, Goals and Strategic Initiatives, the defining aspects
of the College of Agriculture premised at the Big Picture level are:
- We are "global" in our identity.
- We make education available to all in the contemporary spirit of a land-grant university.
- We nurture our people — faculty, staff and students — for success, and we champion diversity, equity and inclusive excellence in all that we do.
- We prepare graduates with comprehensive and transformational education with outstanding experiential learning.
- We address global challenges in food, life and natural resources by research and problem-solving with modern and novel science and technology.
- We engage with local-to-global communities in our service to people, and we focus on community-driven Extension programs.
Given these premises of this Big Picture, the Key Priority Actions that will guide the College in moving forward during the next five years are:
- Think "big" in the global context for key initiatives advancing the College's impact on the world.
- Invest in and empower people — faculty, staff and students — with incentives and infrastructure support to make a difference locally, nationally and globally.
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion with a celebrated culture of inclusive excellence.
- Enhance student access, retention and success toward rewarding careers and fulfillment of life.
- Expand transformational learning opportunities for increased student participation.