Discover first-hand how research contributes to the advancement of human knowledge. Experience a change of pace from formal classroom studies and gain skills applicable to graduate and professional schools and future careers. Studies show that students who engage in research are more likely to graduate, more likely to go on to graduate school, and have more successful careers after graduation.
The College of Agriculture provides many opportunities for undergraduate students to work in labs and in the field, actively playing a role in the research process. Each opportunity may have different requirements, funding, and outcomes. Research experiences may include honors research, special projects, scholarly work and summer research programs. While we encourage students to engage in research opportunities in the College, research can be performed campus-wide, in collaboration with another institution or study abroad experience, through foundations and non-profit organizations, industry partners and personal contacts. Seek out the options that work best for your goals.
Undergraduate research is for inquisitive minds and helps you shape your future alongside world-renowned faculty – with opportunities for class credit, volunteer work, or pay by:
- Reviewing literature
- Collecting samples in the field
- Conducting surveys
- Analyzing data
- Writing research reports
- Presenting research findings
Undergraduate research can make you an integral part of Purdue Agriculture’s world-renowned research teams while building skills of collaboration and communication related to discoveries.
If you are interested in performing research, learn more about the options below.
- Departmental Undergraduate Research
- College Research
- University Research
- State & National Research
- Indiana Database of University Research Expertise (INDURE)
- NASA Internships & Fellowships
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- National Science Foundation Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs)
- Pathways to Science
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service - Summer Research Opportunities