21 Questions for Kendra Arnholt
1. What is your hometown? Columbus, IN
(Fun Fact: Columbus is ranked 6th in the world for architecture; it is also the hometown of Vice President Mike Pence)
2. Where did you go to high school? Columbus East High School
3. What is your major/concentration? Animal Sciences: Animal Agribusiness, minor: International Studies
4. What is your expected graduation date? December 2017
5. Why did you choose Purdue for undergrad? I had narrowed the decision to two schools and chose Purdue because it felt like home when I visited and it houses a nationally renowned College of Agriculture with a good reputation.
6. What are your plans after graduation? To enter the Dairy Industry and experience international dairy
7. What is your 'spirit animal?' Brown Swiss Dairy Cow - they are laid back and easy-going, but kow what they want and are not afraid to go for it.
8. What is your favorite organization joined at Purdue? Dairy Club and Dairy Judging Team
9. What is your proudest achievement while at Purdue? Being elected President of the Dairy Club as a junior
10. What has been your favorite class taken at Purdue? ANSC 371 - Dairy Evaluation with Steve Hendress
11. What is your favorite Purdue tradition? Ag Week - especially Milk Monday
12. What is the best thing about the College of Ag? There are so many opportunities offered to students with and through the College of Ag
13. What is the best thing about the Department of Animal Sciences? It's a big school, but the department makes it feel much smaller and like a family - you can get to know everyone really well and become comfortable like it's a second home.
14. What is the best on-campus study spot? The study rooms in AGAD - quiet, usually not a lot of people, and free printing
15. What is your favorite place in town? Purdue Dairy Farm
16. What is the most important thing you've learned outside of the classroom? The connections you make at Purdue will serve you for a lifetime.
17. Where did you study abroad and what did you do?
- Fall 2017: semester in Wales
- Summer 2015: Maymester in the Belgium/Netherlands with Dr. John Patterson
- Summer 2014: spent 2 weeks in Peru participating in the global leadership course
18. What internships/research activities have you participated in?
- Summer 2016: Dairy Sales Consultant at Cargill in Brookville, OH
- Summer 2015: Intern at local grain elevator, Richards Elevator, in Columbus, IN
19. What is your favorite quote? "You can't change yesterday, but can ruin today by worrying about tomorrow." -Unknown
20. What are your hobbies? Working with dairy cows, playing water polo, hanging out with family and friends, teaching others about the dairy industry
21. What advice would you ive to incoming students?
Don't spend your entire time at Purdue worrying about grades (but don't let them slip either).
The people you meet and the connections you make will take you a lot farther than your GPA.