Soil & Water
Soil & Water Science (Indiana 4-H)
The Soil and Water Science project teaches youth about soil, water, and environmental stewardship. Learn about soil and water quality, how they interact, and how we can protect and preserve them.
- “Insects as Bioindicators of Water Quality” — the overview PDF describes concepts and lists resources. The activity page provides information about how to conduct an activity.
- Biocontrol of Purple Loosestrife - this page describes the invasive species and how to control it.
- USDA-NRCS Web Soil Survey- this site provides soil data and information.
- Indiana's Water Riches — this series of PDF publications for upper elementary students provides information about water quality and quantity:
- Make Your Own Edible Soil Profile - this PDF provides instructions for creating a soil profile model.