Never felt like a small fish in a big pond; stepped outside her comfort zone to DC, KC & around the world
Name: Morgan Lambrecht
Hometown: Bedford, IN
High school: Bedford North Lawrence High School
Major & Concentration: Agribusiness Management
Why did you come to Purdue: I've always wanted to go to Purdue, but it wasn't until high school that I realized my passion for agriculture and just how perfect of a fit Purdue really was to pursue that passion!
Favorite Purdue tradition: den pops! When the Den was on Chauncey it was so easy to run over and get a drink!
Top three influences at Purdue:
- Studying Abroad
- The friends I have made!
- Ag Econ Envoys
Top five highlights of your career:
- Semester long internship with the National Cattlemen's Beef Association in Washington, DC
- Being the AFA Student Ambassador for Purdue
- Attending the AFA Leader's Conference in Kansas City all four years
- Studying abroad in Italy Spring Break of my freshman year
- Spending two weeks studying abroad along the route of the Orient Express
Something you wish you would have done at Purdue: Got more involved in organizations outside of the college of agriculture
Places you have been as a Purdue student:
- Study Abroad: Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Hungary and Romania
- Internships: Washington, DC, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Columbus, Ohio
- Dairy Club: Minnesota to the ADSA Conference
- Conferences: AFA Leaders Conference in Kansas City
Have to redo college in a major not in Ag: Political Science! I have a political science minor and have really enjoyed the political science classes I took!
Favorite club/organization: Purdue Dairy Club
Favorite Student-led event/initiative: Milk Monday
Favorite Purdue event: Basketball games, it's hard to describe the energy in Mackey at tip-off!
Favorite place to study: the Starbucks on State Street before you come up the hill to campus
Over your career where were you most likely to be found on campus: AGAD 121
Favorite spot on campus: The Hort Garden
Favorite thing about CoA: How everyone knows each other! My mom always told me that at Purdue she felt like a small fish in a big pond but during my time here I have never felt like that! I truly believe this is because of the college of agriculture community.
Favorite thing about AGEC: The advisers-- I love that they are truly helpful in the transition from college to career and care about where we end up after graduation.
Favorite thing about your major: I love the diversity that the agribusiness management major has! I have picked up two minors and haven't had to take that many extra classes because there is flexibility built into the major to make it what I want it to be!
Favorite class: AGEC 331 because it is so applicable in EVERYTHING. I have no interest in going into sales, but the sales process can be applied in so many things that it is useful to everyone.
Favorite professor: Dr. Tim Baker
Three biggest accomplishments:
- Spending the Spring semester of my junior year interning in Washington, D.C. with the National Cattlemen's Beef Association
- Being selected as the AFA Student Ambassador for Purdue during the 2019-2020 school year
- Traveling to six different countries through Purdue Agriculture Study Abroad
Things on your resume not listed above:
- Purdue Dairy Club officer sophomore, junior and senior years
- Internship with the American Guernsey Association during summer of 2019
- Internship with MyAgData during the summer of 2018
- Indiana Dairy Ambassador during sophomore year
Three words to describe you:
What are you passionate for: A big passion of mine is raising dairy cattle. I grew up showing Guernseys and was gifted my first calf when I was two. I actually still have cows from the same bloodline of my first calf, which is pretty unique. While my family no longer milks, I am passionate about finding ways to keep my cows and to continue raising the animals that got me interested in the agriculture industry in the first place.
What intrigues you about the Ag industry: It impacts everyone! Whether people realize it or not they are touched by the agriculture industry each and every day. I am intrigued by the challenges and opportunities this provides for the industry.
What motivates you: My friends and family motivate me. They push me to be the very best version of myself and encourage me to pursue opportunities outside of my comfort zone.
Favorite quote: Be a light for all to see (Matthew 5:16)
Personal Motto: Have courage and be kind.
Where do you want to end up: Washington, DC for a while and then back to the Midwest
Advice for underclassman: Don't be afraid to take a different path than those around you! It is so easy to do what others are doing, but step outside of your comfort zone and do things that will better you!
Biggest takeaway from Purdue: My biggest takeaway is the friends and connections I have made throughout my time here! I have loved every minute at Purdue and know my time here has prepared me well for my future.