Key insights include:
Over the course of 2022, food insecurity rates remained relatively stable; food behaviors such as choosing organics or checking GMO labels did not change; and, food values continue to favor taste over qualities like environmental sustainability.
Some notable exceptions in behaviors that did change include:
- Household food expenditures increased more than 15% from January.
- Consumers are shopping at discount stores more and spending less on discretionary expenses.
- 36% of consumers were worried about being able to afford holiday gifts this year.
- 14% of consumers are finding certain items out of stock compared to 25% in January.
- Sugar was the most common item that consumers limited in their diets in 2022.
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT CONSUMERS?
If you are interested in additional analysis or adding questions to the survey, consider joining our Consumer Insights consortium. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
January 11, 2023