Do you want to:
- DEVELOP cutting-edge research in natural resources and environmental sciences?
- INTEGRATE high-performance computers and artificial intelligence in your research?
- COLLABORATE with hundreds of top-tier scientists from across the world?
- PUBLISH your game-changing papers in high-impact journals?
We’re always looking for highly motivated graduate research assistants and post-doctoral researchers who will strengthen our laboratory with creativity and innovation. We value diversity of experience, knowledge, background and perspective and welcome applicants from various disciplines, including but not limited to ecology, economics, applied mathematics, engineering, data science, and social science.
Salary and Benefits:
- For GRA positions, the incumbents’ initial academic-year (“AY”) salary will be ~$20,000 (MSc) or $23,000 (PhD). Ph.D. assistantships with tuition waiver are funded up to three years, contingent upon satisfactory annual performance and availability of funding. A fourth year of support also may be possible. M.S. assistantships with tuition waiver are funded up to two years, contingent upon satisfactory annual performance and availability of funding. In addition, Purdue University provides a generous fringe benefit package.
- For Post-doc position, the successful candidate will receive an annual compensation of $47,500 with benefits. Additional support may be available pending satisfactory performance. The successful candidate will have opportunities to coordinate works at three other GFBI Hubs in China, Spain, and Switzerland.
Applications are now accepted at a rolling basis.
- Economics focus: Dr. Mo Zhou, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ecology focus: Dr. Jingjing Liang email@example.com
- Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA) in Forest Resource Marketing and Economics
- Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA) in forest ecology
- Graduate Research Assistantship (MS or PhD) in ecological modeling - Sim4est
- Post-Doc position in ecological modeling - Sim4est
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. For admission for the next fall semester, please send a copy of your CV/resume, transcripts, publications (if available), and statement of research interests to Dr. Mo Zhou (economics/management) or Dr. Jingjing Liang (ecology) no later than December 1st of the current year. For admission for the next spring semester, the documents should be received no later than August 1st of the current year.
International Visiting Scholars
Please complete the following application form, as FACAI has limited space for visiting scholars, and applicants will be reviewed by their credentials and potential match.