My research focuses on the application of geospatial methods to address current ecological and environmental challenges. The major research areas are: (1) invasive exotic species prevention and mitigation, (2) natural resource resilience and sustainability, and (3) geospatial tool development and application. Current and recent research topics include:
- Understanding invasion mechanism and ecosystem impact
- Modeling invasive distribution and dispersal
- Mapping invasive distribution with remote sensing (Spectral and LiDAR)
- Quantifying the temporal dynamics of forest ecosystem in the eastern U.S.
- Understanding the feedback of forest composition change on ecosystem services
- Understanding the mechanisms and capacity of forest trees in response to climate change
Species distribution modeling