Academic Advising and Planning

New incoming undergraduate students and transfer students meet with the Food Science Undergraduate Academic Coordinator, Caitlinn Hubbell, to register for their classes. Then, students are assigned a faculty mentor, with whom students must meet prior to each class registration period. Students must obtain their personal identification number (PIN) each semester from their advisor in order to register for classes. 

Undergraduate students must complete the required math and science courses in the Food Science curriculum during freshman and sophomore years with an overall math and science GPA ≥ 2.50 to be eligible for enrollment in upper division courses in the Food Science major in the Department of Food Science. For more details, please refer to the Food Science GPS Requirement Handout (PDF) 

Academic Resources

Graduate Student Specific Resources

Commencement Checklist

Make sure your current schedule on MyPurdue says "candidate." If it doesn't, contact your academic advisor ASAP. Enrolling as a candidate will give you access to a "Graduation" tab on the MyPurdue site and thus all the information you need for graduation.

Check your home and local addresses on MyPurdue. Make necessary corrections and/or updates. The Registrar will mail graduation information to the same address that they mail your fee statements.

Visit the Office of the Registrar's site Commencement Information for more details. 

Majors Plans of Study

​Minors Plans of Study 


Available to Undergraduate Students

Certificates Available to Anyone

Many of the Food Science Extension Workshops earn participants a certificate and some apply to continuing education credits for professionals. Visit the listings of Food Science Extension Workshops for details.​​​​​​​​

Department of Food Science, 745 Agriculture Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-8256

© Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Integrity Statement | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Agricultural Communication

Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact us at so we can help.

Sign In