Lowell S. Hardin Award for Excellence in International Agriculture
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS for the 2019-20 Hardin Award (Open link for PDF)
The office of International Programs in Agriculture (IPIA) invites nominations for the inaugural award for Excellence in International Agriculture, named in honor of our former colleague, Professor Lowell Hardin. This award, newly-established for the 2019-2020 academic year, is intended to honor the legacy of Prof. Hardin, his contributions to international agriculture, and his many years of service in support of international activities in the Purdue University College of Agriculture. The award recognizes significant contributions of College of Agriculture faculty members to international activities. Faculty members currently serving at any rank in the College of Agriculture are eligible for nomination. The award consists of a plaque and honorarium to be used to further the recipient's international program. Winners will be recognized in a public ceremony and the names of award winners will be placed on permanent display in the agricultural administration building.
Nominations may focus on innovative and impactful contributions to international excellence in any or all College of Agriculture mission areas including research, teaching, and engagement. The ideal nominee will demonstrate excellence in all three mission areas. Nomination documents should describe clearly and concisely the individual's international contributions and impacts.
The nomination package must include:
- A nomination letter highlighting the nominee's contributions and commitment to international activities;
- Two additional letters of support, including at least one from an international partner or organization; and
- The nominee's curriculum vitae.
It is particularly important that the nomination package describes how the candidate's efforts satisfy the three primary criteria for the award:
- Excellence in international research, teaching and/or engagement (the ideal nominee will demonstrate excellence in all mission areas);
- Global reach and recognition of the individual's program; and
- Noteworthy contributions to improving the human condition.
Nomination packages should be submitted electronically as a single pdf file to email@example.com by Friday, March 6, 2020 at 5pm. Please place "Hardin Award Nomination" in the subject line.