What is Google looker studio?
The majority of Purdue University websites contain a small bit of web analytics tracking code called Google Analytics 4 (GA4) as stated on Purdue's Privacy Notice page:
This code allows Google's GA4 service to collect and measure traffic and user engagement across your Cascade website(s). But what is Google Looker Studio?
Looker Studio, formally named Google Data Studio, is a data display tool that turns your site's GA4 data into informative, easy to read, easy to share, and fully customizable dashboards and reports. For example, Looker Studio's dashboards and reports can be used to:
- Tell your site(s)' data story with charts, including line, bar, and pie charts, geo maps, area and bubble graphs, paginated data tables, pivot tables, and more. This flexibility turns any report into a flexible template report that anyone can use to see their own data.
- Create interactive reports and dashboard with dynamic and responsive viewer filters and date range controls. You can also use the data control to turn any report into a flexible template that anyone can use to see their own data.
- Share your reports and dashboards with individuals, teams, or your department head.
What can I do with Looker Studio?
You can use our pre-made Looker Dashboards to see daily traffic to your site (see FAQ below). Or you can start to better understand how site visitors are consuming your data. For example, you can view different kinds of SEO tracking data from your website(s), such as:
- How many people visit your website or app, and how long they stay.
- Where your visitors come from, and what devices they use.
- What pages or features they view, and what actions they take.
- How your visitors find your website or app, and what keywords they use.
- How your visitors interact with your reports and dashboards, and what filters they apply.
Learn more about Looker Studio dashboard reports and watch this short overview video to better understand what Google Looker Studio is.
How do I get started with Looker Studio?
You can access basic Looker Studio dashboards for your Cascade websites via theCascade User Guide's home page. Look for the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Resources drawer (see FAQ below).
If you want more advanced reports, such as the Funnel Exploration report or other examples, contact AGCOMM using this request link:
Request Google Looker Studio Support
Looking for a way to transform the data from your GA4 site into visually appealing and insightful reports and dashboards? Google Looker Studio can help you do just that. With custom dashboard options, you can easily share your data stories with the leadership, department, and the rest of your team. To learn more about what Google Looker Studio has to offer, send a request today and meet with an AGCOMM Web Lead to get started.submit a request
Q: How can I learn even more about Looker Studio?
A: Learn more at Google's official Looker Studio support site
Q: Who can I contact to establish a new Looker Studio dashboard?
A: See request option listed above.
Q: Can Looker Studio help me improve my website's Google Search Engine Optimization (SEO) performance and Google Search rankings?
A: Yes! For example, Looker Studio reports can help you better understand how many users visit your website, what pages they visit, how long they stay on a page and where they go next on your website. Review our Cascade SEO guide to learn more.
Q: Where can I see the current College of Agriculture and Purdue Extension Looker Studio dashboards?
A: They are located on this Cascade User Guide's home page in the SEO Resources drawer and directly via these links GA4 College of Ag Looker Studio dashboard and GA4 Extension Looker Studio dashboard.