Welcome, Ivy Tech Community College Transfer Students!
Start by completing your Associate of Science (A.S.) degree in Agriculture at Ivy Tech Community College and finish at Purdue's College of Agriculture, the 12th ranked agricultural college in the world, and 6th in the USA (2019 QS World Rankings). This is a GREAT time to be a part of Purdue Agriculture!
Eight (8) Ivy Tech campuses offer the Associate of Science (A.S.) transfer degree in Agriculture: Columbus, Fort Wayne, Kokomo, Lafayette, Logansport, Marion, Richmond, and Terre Haute. A number of agriculture and general education courses transfer from Ivy Tech Community College to Purdue Agriculture.
Note: There are different policies and procedures for the "Pathway to Purdue Agriculture" program from Ivy Tech Community College (Lafayette Campus only) to the Purdue College of Agriculture.
A number of agriculture and general education courses transfer from Ivy Tech Community College to Purdue University as well. Here are some resources for students transferring from Ivy Tech Community College to Purdue Agriculture:
1. Ivy Tech Community College Transfer Sheet – See what courses to take to complete your Associate of Science (A.S.) degree in Agriculture from any of the 8 campuses at Ivy Tech Community College AND see how these courses transfer for your Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Agriculture at Purdue University.
Note: The courses listed on the Transfer Sheet are examples and may need adjusted to fit your specific major/career goals.
2. Purdue Transfer Equivalency Guide – Click here for a more comprehensive list of courses that transfer from Ivy Tech Community College to Purdue University.
Note: The attached list is a "snapshot" of transfer course equivalencies from Ivy Tech to Purdue University as of the date listed on the document. Please confirm current equivalencies by entering your transfer courses on the Purdue Transfer Equivalency Guide (a real-time, exact replica of the internal credit evaluation system at Purdue West Lafayette). Course equivalencies are subject to review and may change at any time.
3. Agriculture Courses – The College of Agriculture at Purdue has articulated these specific agriculture courses with Ivy Tech:
Ivy Tech Community College
Ag Business & Economics
Food & Agbus
To Crop Productn
To Animal Science
To Animal Agr
To Agri Systems
Of Animal Nutr
Management Methods AG Business
Mgmt Methods Agr Bus
Note: Purdue accepts additional agriculture courses from Ivy Tech Community College as undistributed credit (XXXXX). However, the College of Agriculture will not use credit from any agriculture transfer courses listed with "UND" course prefixes in the Purdue Transfer Equivalency Guide. All other undistributed credit may be used with appropriate approval in the College of Agriculture.
4. Halderman Farm Management Scholarship – As an Ivy Tech transfer student, this is a specific scholarship you might be interested in. This is a merit-based scholarship for Purdue University College of Agriculture undergraduate students who have transferred from Ivy Tech Community College or other 2-year Associate Degree Program affiliate who have the intent to obtain a Bachelor's degree in the College of Agriculture at Purdue University.
Application Information: Undergraduate at Purdue University enrolled in the College of Agriculture must complete the online scholarship application by its due date for the next academic year. An established Purdue GPA is required.
Deadline: February 1
Sponsors: Halderman Farm Management Service, Inc.
Important Scholarship Application Notes:
- The online PURDUE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION opens October 1 and closes December 15. Students do not have to be admitted to Purdue to complete the online Purdue Supplemental Scholarship Application. Students do have to be admitted to receive the College of Agriculture Scholarships.
- To maximize consideration for ALL Purdue merit scholarships, including College of Agriculture scholarships, the Purdue Admission Application and all required supporting materials must be received by Purdue's Office of Admissions or post marked no later than November 1, 2019.
Click to view the Ivy Tech Transfer Sheet from 2017-18