The College of Agriculture has several scholarships available for prospective students as well as students currently enrolled in the college. The College of Agriculture awards $1.9 million in scholarships each year to the undergraduate students in the college, made possible by the generous support of our Alumni and Friends. The College of Agriculture recognizes scholastic capability, qualities of leadership, citizenship and character as well as FFA and 4-H participation.
Table of Contents
The links below will provide you a list of scholarships by department.
Transfer to Purdue AG Scholarship
The $1,000 non-renewable Transfer to Purdue AG Scholarship is given to transfer students for their admitted academic year to Purdue University College of Agriculture. The number of scholarships awarded varies.
To be considered for this scholarship, transfer students must have at least a 3.0 GPA at their current or previous higher learning institution. Completed application and current transcript is due by April 15, 2016. Click here for the application
Scholarships at most institutions are broken into three simple steps: researching, applying and awarding. Students should consider following these steps, paying close attention to dates and deadlines and always ask questions. Below is a calendar that highlights the important dates in the scholarship process.
Researching: SEPTEMBER– DECEMBER
- Students should be researching and looking for scholarships. The College of Agriculture and its departments scholarships are listed above. Take advantage of the Other Opportunities listed to the left. Many Purdue students have obtained National and Indiana Agriculture Scholarships.
- To maximize consideration for Purdue merit scholarships including College of Agriculture scholarships, the admission application and all required supporting materials must be received by or post marked by November 1, 2015.
Applying: OCTOBER – FEBRUARY
- College of Agriculture SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION for the 2016-2017 academic year opens in October, 2015. APPLICATION CLOSED ON FEB. 1, 2016 FOR THE 2016-17 ACADEMIC YEAR.
- This is the same common scholarship application used by Purdue University. The one application considers you for the College of Agriculture scholarships as well as university scholarships.
Applying: Transfer to Purdue AG Scholarship - JANUARY - APRIL
Awarding: FEBRUARY – MAY
- Admitted transfer students to the College of Agriculture may apply
- Application closes on April 15, 2016
- Scholarship application for all College of Agriculture students closes on February 1.
- Scholarships for incoming freshman in the College of Agriculture will be awarded by March 15.
- Scholarships for current College of Agriculture students will be awarded by June 1.
- Scholarships for transfer students in the College of Agriculture will be awarded by June 1.
Thanking Purdue Agriculture Scholarship Donors
Congratulations on receiving a scholarship made possible through the generous support of alumni and friends of Purdue Agriculture. It is important to acknowledge those contributions which help ease the financial burden of attending college for so many of our students. With this in mind, thanking the donor who generously donated your scholarship is a sincere and courteous gesture. The donor will also see how their gift to you and Purdue Agriculture is being utilized and benefiting our many talented and deserving students scholars. If you received more than one scholarship you are expected to write a thank you letter for each scholarship you received. Letters should be addressed to donors; this information is supplied in your award notification. The following tips and sample letters will guide you through writing a proper donor thank you letter.
Paying for Purdue
It is increasingly important for college-bound students and their families to be well informed about how to pay for college. There are many options available, as every person’s situation is slightly different. Remember that a college education is an investment in your future. A Purdue degree can be your ticket to rewarding career opportunities, higher earnings and increased influence
, in the community and the world beyond.
Below are many different links that help provide an overview of ways to financially prepare for college.
In order to apply for scholarships in the College of Agriculture students must complete the college’s online scholarship application
by February 1, 2016
(8 a.m. EST). We strongly recommend your admissions application be complete by November 1, 2015
. This will help to ensure you will be able to access the college’s online scholarship application prior to February 1st.
- All students who submit a completed College of Agriculture online scholarship application before February 1, 2016 will be considered for all the scholarships for which they are eligible.
- The college’s online scholarship application will be made available in October 2015.
- New students applying to the College of Agriculture cannot access the online scholarship application until they have been officially accepted into the college by the Office of Admissions. Current students must reapply each year for scholarship consideration.
- The College of Agriculture receives hundreds of applications annually. A large number of applicants have waited until the last day and have been very close to the 11:59:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) deadline. To prevent delays and to allow time for the resolution of any technical difficulties, applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- If you are using a PC, use Internet Explorer to fill out the Scholarship Application.
- If you are using a MAC, use Safari to fill out the Scholarship Application.
- You need to use a high speed connection (dial up and wireless are problematic).
- Your session will expire after 60 minutes of no activity. If your session expires you will be asked to log-in again to return to the application.
- To restart the counter and save your answers, click the Save button at the bottom of the screen. Only applications that have all of the required answers complete will be submitted for consideration.
- If you do not receive a thank you message after clicking the save button the application is not complete; please return to the application to review and finalize.
- If you have any problems or questions about the application please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions on the application's site.
If you have questions about the process or run into problems, please contact Sherrelyn Meyer by e-mail at email@example.com
or by phone at 765.494.8482.