The Department of Agricultural Economics consists of faculty and staff whose core values are to be:
- Engaged - helping solve real-world problems and having real-world impact; being present and working with stakeholders, our colleagues, and students;
- Collegial - being respectful of others’ talents, opinions, and backgrounds; appreciative of people’s comparative advantages; contributors to the common good;
- Entrepreneurial - creative in seeking new opportunities and new ways of conducting research, teaching, and knowledge dissemination;
- Of high integrity - honest brokers who are transparent, cognizant of tradeoffs, fairly presenting alternatives and consequences, and offering new solutions;
- Dedicated to long-term value of scholarship - using and developing analytical and quantitative tools, methods, and theories to produce cutting-edge knowledge to the benefit of future generations;
- Enthusiastic about students and impacting the lives of future leaders; and
- Rooted in the economics of agriculture and natural resources.