Services Provided in IPIA
International Programs in Agriculture is dedicated to assisting and facilitating international experiences, collaborative relationships and projects for the Purdue College of Agriculture. Such involvement includes:
For faculty and staff:
- Assisting in securing funding for international teaching, research, and extension activities;
- Administering a small grants program through which support may be obtained on a competitive basis for international research projects;
- Providing professional contacts with local, national, and international agencies and organizations;
- Assisting faculty in development of plans for international sabbaticals;
- Assisting with efforts to internationalize the undergraduate sabbaticals;
- Helping to locate opportunities for faculty and staff involvement in international teaching, research and extension.
For international visitors:
- Assisting faculty who wish to host short and long-term international visitors (protocol, required forms, housing, medical insurance, settling-in procedures, etc.);
- Providing opportunities for faculty and student interaction;
- Assisting in arranging schedules and accommodations.
For undergraduate and graduate students:
- Administering agriculturally-based student exchange and study abroad programs. (Note: limited scholarship support is available from IPIA for student participants);
- Advising students on the International Studies Minor in agriculture as well as on opportunities and careers in the international arena;
- Assisting graduate students in locating funding sources for international research;
- Providing guidance and assistance on issues relative to international students/scholars;
- Helping provide funding support to bring distinguished visitors to campus to discuss international topics in undergraduate classes and graduate seminars.
- Co-sponsoring the international seminar series on issues relating to international agriculture;
- Assisting and advising faculty and staff in preparation for international travel; provide country-specific background information, advice on passports and visas, university forms, medical precautions and insurance, inoculations, shipping and storage of personal belongings, etc.
information on these and other topics
- Providing names of translators/interpreters for international visitors;
- Assisting with preparation of grant proposals that are international in focus including the provision of "boilerplate" material and guidance on budgets, required federal forms, travel, etc.;
- Providing administrative backstopping for faculty on international assignments;
- Disseminating current information regarding international opportunities for grants, fellowships, internships, and exchange opportunities.