Animal SciencesANSC • Minor • Credits: 18*
Minor Code: ANSC
Departmental permission is not required to enroll in this minor. Eighteen (18) credits must be earned. One course must be completed in at least two of the following areas.
Recommended Plan of Study
(3) ANSC 22100 (Principles of Animal Nutrition)
(4) ANSC 23000 (Physiology of Domestic Animals)
(4) BIOL 20300 (Human Anatomy and Physiology)
(4) BIOL 20400 (Human Anatomy and Physiology)
(4) ANSC 31100 (Animal Breeding)
(3) ANSC 51100 (Population Genetics)
(2) ANSC 51400 (Animal Biotechnology)
(3) BIOL 41500 (Introduction to Molecular Biology)
(3) ANSC 20100 (Functional Anatomy and Animal Performance)
(4) ANSC 30100 (Animal Growth, Development, and Evaluation)
(3) ANSC 35100 (Meat Science)
The remainder of the eighteen credits may be completed from other courses listed above, or from Animal Sciences (ANSC) courses that are numbered 30100 or higher. Not more than four total credits from ANSC 37000, ANSC 37100, ANSC 37200, ANSC 47000, ANSC 47100, and ANSC 47200 may be used. Only one of the physiology courses listed above may be used to satisfy the minor.
* Effective in the 2009 Fall Semester, it is required that students who matriculate in 2009 or thereafter achieve a minimum 2.00 grade point average in graded ANSC courses to meet minimum requirements for the Animal Sciences academic minor.