Ag Alumni Grant Programs
Ag Alumni Trust Fund:
Established in 1967 by the Purdue Agricultural Alumni Association, the Ag Alumni Trust Fund was created to provide flexible funds to help meet the needs of the College of Agriculture for which other resources were unavailable.
The Ag Alumni Trust Fund committee, with the assistance of the Dean of Agriculture and staff, evaluates all proposals submitted and decides allocation of funds. An estimated $20,000 is awarded annually from this Trust Fund, dependent on investment earnings/donations/other financial parameters.
- Strong applications impact a large number of Purdue College of Agriculture undergraduate and/or graduate students with an efficient per student cost (e.g., program benefits more than one or two students).
- Funded projects typically fall in the $1,000 - $2,500 range. There have been higher amounts awarded but the committee wishes to impact as many students and program areas as possible.
- Priority is given to student experiences and unique opportunities that enhance students’ skills, network and professional development. For example, supporting travel to professional meetings, innovative program kick offs and strategic networking events are examples of projects that have been funded in the past. Equipment has been funded on occasion but long-term maintenance funds are not provided.
- Funding is for current/future usage, previous events/experiences do not qualify.
- Receiving a grant in the past does not guarantee continued funding.
- Applications are accepted throughout the calendar year, with a fall deadline for submission per the link below.
- All proposals will be considered for the year in which they are submitted and are not kept on file for future consideration.
- The committee meets in December and award recipients are notified by the end of the calendar year with funds available soon thereafter.
- The proposals chosen to receive funding will need to submit a certification of completion report after the funds are used. Contents of these reports are released to the Ag Alumni Association, Purdue University, and the College of Agriculture and may be used in recruiting, marketing, and informative materials.
- Please fill out the Trust Fund application in its entirety to be considered for a financial award.
The next deadline to apply is: October 31, 2023.
If you have any questions about the Ag Alumni Trust Funds, please email Danica Kirkpatrick at email@example.com.
Donate to the Ag Alumni Trust Fund:
If you would like to contribute to the Ag Alumni Trust Fund, your contribution is tax deductible. You can contribute one of the following ways:
- You can mail a check made payable to "Purdue Foundation" to the following address:
P.O. Box 772401
Detroit, MI, 48277-2401
On the memo line of the check write, Ag Alumni Trust Fund (RF3002)
The date the envelope is postmarked by USPS will be the year in which the gift is made per IRS regulations. Gift receipt will be sent to you once your contribution is processed.
- Click on "Click here to select your fund"
- Search "other" and select
- Copy/paste this into the form "Ag Alumni Trust Fund (RF3002)"
Gifts made online via credit card will count in the year the gifts are processed. Gift receipt will be e-mailed to you upon making your contribution.
- Call the College of Agriculture Development office directly at (765) 494- 8672