HOW DO I CREATE A CASCADE NEWS POST?
A Cascade news site allows you to create and post news post articles. This news site makes up one of the three core sites of any Ag or Extension Cascade build.
To add a post:
- Login to Cascade
- Choose either the Ag-News or Extension-News site and the sub-folder (county, department, or program)
- Click Add Content > Post
- Choose the monthly (or recurring) sub-folder you want to create a post within.
Note 1: You must create your post in the same folder you plan to date reference in the post's form.
Note 2: Cascade requires the monthly sub-folders to function and index properly. Edits will break this.
- Use the post's form and fill-in, edit, and choose the options you need and want.
View this Extension Educator example video, which is very informative for both Extension and CoA content creators.
NEWS POST EXAMPLE
NEWS POST FORM EXAMPLE
WATCH exampleSTYLE GUIDE
Q: What block can I use to list news posts on a page?
A: There are multiple block choices to include feature story, news articles, featured stories, and the top stories blocks. Learn more here.
Q: What does the form's Feature on Homepage option do?
A: If selected "Yes" it will include a query for the most three recent "Featured" articles that are then displayed at the top of the news index page for that News sub-site's /index page.
Q: What is category listing page? Where are they located?
A: A category listing page is a pre-built metadata asset that groups all similarly tagged items onto a single index page. These category listing pages are located in the root directory of a news or event site. Contact the web team for more info.
Q: What are the numbered filter options?
A: This filter listing reference is located here.
Q: What is a news block? How do I edit it?
A: A handbuilt block used to filter content by (tags or category listing page). Please contact the web team to edit this.
Q: How long does it take for a published post to show up on the live site?
A: ITAP publishes our Cascade sites on a top-of-the-hour and every 15-minute after cycle. For example, 9 am and then again at 9:15, 9:30 and 9:45. Additionally, all submitted items and all sites publish every morning between midnight a 3 am.
Q: How do I add an image to a WYSWIG block and align it?
A: This video explains how to add an image using the WYSIWYG block editor. If you have issues aligning the image in the WYSIWYG block editor do this: add your image, add a caption, then use the align-left-middle-or-right via the paragraph alignment option buttons in the WYSIWYG menu.
Q: How do I add a new year for news articles?
A: Follow these steps:
- Login and navigate to your event site's primary folder (example department or county) which contains your current year folders
- Choose the + Add Content to access the Asset Factories
- Choose the Year-Month Event Folders Asset Factory
- Title the folder the year you need (example 2023)
Q: Can I schedule a news article to publish?
A: Yes, as described here. Assets can be scheduled to publish once at a future date and time one of two ways:
- By specifying a Start Date in the asset's metadata - until this date the asset will not be publishable or indexable, best for new assets that should not appear in other site content until the scheduled time.
- Or by choosing a date/time in the in the Optionally Publish Later field when publishing the asset - until this date the asset will still be indexable but not publishable and will not be included in other publish jobs such as folder or site publishes.
Q: Can I schedule a news article to archive?
A: Yes. Cascade news articles and events have a similar archiving process Learn more here.