Market Opportunities for US Hardwood
Project Leaders: Dr. Eva Haviarova, Purdue University
In cooperation: Dr. Henry Quesada, Virginia Tech
The goal of this project is to provide marketing strategies for US hardwood producers in new emerging economies of Eastern Europe.
“State funds for this project were matches with Federal funds under the Federal-State Marketing Improvement Program of the Agricultural Marketing Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture."
- Czech Republic
- Wood from Midwest Trees
- Haviarova, E., & Quesada, H. (2017). North American Hardwoods and their Possible Use in Eastern Europe (Tvrdé dřevo ze Severní Ameriky a jeho možnosti využití ve východní Evropě)
- Mračková, A. 2019. US Hardwood and its Use in Chosen EU Countries (in cooperation with Mendel University in Brno, CZ, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology)
- Healthy, non-toxic, and low-impact material
- Material of high quality and durability
- Non threaten and certified sustainable
- U.S. has wide variety of hardwood species
- Great volumes are available
- Consistency in quality is secured by grading