Welcome Prospective students! Is a major in Forestry and Natural Resources right for you?
If you would like to -
- Grow more forests
- Create more habitats for wildlife animals
- Enhance streams and lakes
- Restore ecosystems
- Improve the environment
- Work outdoors
- Make the world a better place
Forestry and Natural Resources is for you!
We hope that the resources available here will answer many of your questions about the majors offered by the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources (FNR) and the careers associated with these programs.
Please select the program or programs of interest below to explore in more details the opportunities in FNR. In addition, you will find and are encouraged to review an overview of the Department’s programs and resources found below the majors list. So please spend a few minutes reviewing specific programs, potential careers, and information about FNR.
The best way to find out if FNR is the school for you is to visit. Call 765-494-3591 to schedule a visit or to ask a question. More...
W.L. Mills 765-494-3575
Julie Pluimer 765-494-3926
Shelly Opperman 765-494-3631
Marsha Stultz 765-494-3591
Programs and Courses
Financial Aid and Scholarships
How to Apply
FNR Student Services Request
Transfer and Change of Degree Objective (CODO) Students
Students planning to or in the process of transferring from another university or campus and students who are interested in changing their degree program to FNR programs are strongly encouraged to contact the Office of Student Services (494-3591) to schedule an on-campus or a telephone meeting.
- Purdue University Transfer Information
- CODO’s – changing from a major outside of the College of Agriculture to a FNR major
- Changing from a major in the College of Agriculture to a FNR major: Make appointment with Julie Pluimer or Dr. W.L. Mills in the Office of Student Services (494-3591)