Find your passion in undergraduate research! The Summer College of Agriculture Research Fellowship (SCARF) is designed to expose you to a variety of research fields throughout the College of Agriculture.
SCARF (formerly known as MASI) is a summer program that is open to Purdue College of Agriculture undergraduate students. This fellowship is a paid, 11 week program. Students experience in-depth, hands-on research, participate in a series of science communication workshops, attend faculty seminars, and industry tours.
Read more about Summer 2022 participant Kendall's experience here!
The deadline for applications is February 24, 2023. Program Dates for Summer 2022: May 22 - July 28, 2023.
- Be a full-time undergraduate student in the College of Agriculture
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Exceptions may be made for extenuating circumstances
- Engage in research activities for at least 40 hours per week throughout the 11-week program
- Participate in all activities during the scheduled program period
- Students are not allowed to enroll in summer courses (approval may be given depending on the class)
- Vacations and time off are to be discussed with the faculties ahead of time and are subject to approval at the discretion of the program leaders and faculties involved
- Example Student Application
- Secure their own summer housing
- Select a faculty research mentor and determine their research project in advance of applying to the program.
- Adhere to the Purdue Student Code of Conduct
Total Individual Student Stipend: $5,400
- Two payments will be made to the students. One in mid-June and another in mid-July.
Faculty have the opportunity to mentor undergraduate students through a full-time summer research program. Mentors are encouraged to take an active role in guiding the students through the entire research process including training, literature review, goals and timeline of the project, data collection and methodology, analysis review, project outcomes, and reporting of research through two or more research symposiums.
- Program Dates for Summer 2023: May 22 - July 28, 2023
- Individual faculty research mentors are encouraged to only take on one student for the summer program.
- Faculty research mentors are required to select their students before applying for the program. Student and Faculty Applications are both due by February 24, 2023.
- If you need help finding a student fellow, please contact the Office of Academic Programs at email@example.com.
- Example Faculty Application
Become a faculty mentor and submit your project today!