The NEW AND IMPROVED Leadership
Development Certificate Program is structured to provide students with
experience and growth in leadership. Each student, with the guidance and
assistance of a leadership coach, will develop his or her own leadership
learning experience that meet the program's specific requirements. Leadership coaches are College of Agriculture faculty and administrative professional staff who guide the students' personal leadership journeys.
Leadership Development Plan
A student's plan will focus upon four general areas of
Group and Organizational
students enrolled in the College of Agriculture who have at least three
semesters remaining on campus and are in good academic standing.
To start the process, students need to:
1. Submit a statement of intent along with a résumé to LDCP@purdue.edu2. Complete the Leadership Skills & Attributes Self-Assessment3. Get assigned a coach and will be added into Passport4. Complete a Personal Development Plan (PDP)5. Review PDP with coach6. Submit PDP for approval in Passport7. Track points and badge progress in Passport
To start the process, coaches need to:
1. Complete the Coach Application Survey
2. Attend one of the following Coach Training Sessions:
- Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 11:30am-12:30pm in WSLR 1-116 (Sandwiches and drinks will be provided)
- Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 8:30am-9:30am in AGAD 128 (Pastries, coffee and juice will be provided)
- Friday, November 13, 2015 at 1:30pm-2:30pm in AGAD 128 (Cookies, coffee and water will be provided)
- Thursday, December 3, 2015 at 9-10am in AGAD 128 (Pastries, coffee and juice will be provided)
- Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 4-5pm in AGAD 128 (Cookies and coffee will be provided)
3. Get assigned a student to coach from the Office of Academic Programs.
4. Review the list of coaching expectations, coaching discussion ideas and recommended coaching strategies.
successfully complete the program will be awarded a Leadership Development
Certificate at the Annual Spring Awards Banquet and will have the
Leadership Development Certificate Program endorsement recorded on their
LDCP Contact Information:
Program Coordinator: Mary Helen Halsema
Assistant: Lara Rodgers
Phone: (765) 494-8473