Leadership Development (3+2) Program
The College of Agriculture offers an integrated degree program that will enable outstanding undergraduates to obtain a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science (thesis option) after the successful completion of both degree requirements. The program is designed for outstanding students who wish to expedite their education in agriculture beyond the undergraduate level. It is designed to meet the educational and professional needs of highly capable and very motivated students. Only Purdue University undergraduate students qualify for the integrated Bachelor of Science and Master of Science program.
Following are admission criteria and procedures for the program.
- Students must have earned at least 60 credits with a minimum 3.5 grade average at the time of enrollment.
- The student must submit a formal statement of interest.
- A nomination letter from a faculty member must be submitted.
- Three letters of recommendation are required.
- Other criteria may be indicated by the academic department.
Application to the integrated program will normally occur during the first semester of the junior year. If admitted, a student will select or be assigned a faculty advisor prior to beginning the program during the second semester of the junior year. Additional details regarding admission, program policies, requirements, and operations may be obtained by contacting the Office of Academic Programs.