Purdue Agriculture's Pathmaker Awards, sponsored by the Purdue Agricultural Alumni Association, annually recognizes one master's student and one PhD candidate for outstanding mentorship.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: February 21, 2022
College of Agriculture Graduate Student Pathmaker Award
Sponsored by the Purdue Agricultural Alumni Association
The College of Agriculture Graduate Student Pathmaker award recognizes graduate students from the College of Agriculture who have distinguished themselves as effective mentors and peer coaches by unselfishly investing in the success of fellow graduate students and/or undergraduate researchers-in-training.
This award recognizes mentoring and personal coaching by graduate students in the context research and scholarship outside of the formal classroom setting. Two awards will be presented annually to recognize a Graduate Student Pathmaker for both master’s degree and doctoral degree seeking students. Winners receive a $500 cash award plus a plaque acknowledging receipt of the award.
Nominees must demonstrate contributions to the professional growth of other students (undergraduates and/or fellow graduate students) through activities that:
- Help others define and achieve their academic and professional goals
- Promote development of research and professional skills by offering honest, constructive feedback, coaching, and mentoring
- Create a supportive environment for research and scholarship by fostering mutual respect
- Demonstrate a sincere and active interest in the well-being of other students
- Help others to assess and pursue relevant and rewarding educational and professional career paths
- Graduate student in good standing in the College of Agriculture at Purdue University
- Enrolled in a graduate degree program at the time of nomination
- Previous winners are not eligible
- Repeat nominations are permitted
- More than one nominee will be considered from academic departments
Nomination documents must include:
- Nominator name and contact information.
- Nominee’s name and contact information.
- Nomination statement of support indicating how the graduate student has contributed to mentoring of fellow graduate students and/or undergraduate students (limit 1000 words). Examples might include mentoring students in laboratory and field settings, mentoring during honors research, providing guidance and feedback on thesis preparation, leadership for student organizations, and any other activities that enhance the development of other students. Statements should focus on activities outside of formal classroom (i.e. lab, field, other).
- C.V. for the nominee
Nominations are due by 5 pm, February 21, 2022; Upload nominations electronically via this qualtrics link. Contact Julie Estrada if you have any questions.