Consumers significantly influence the direction of food and agricultural systems. The Center for Food Demand Analysis and Sustainability (CFDAS) is taking a monthly pulse on what consumers are thinking, what they can afford and what food attributes are most important to them to better guide farmers and retailers along the supply chain.
Consumer Food Insights, Volume 1, Issue 5: May 2022
Key results include:
- Black and Hispanic food insecurity is more than double that of White and Asian households.
- 16 percent of households are food insecure.
- Total food spending increased 7% from last month to $184 per week.
- 55 percent of consumers think farmers should replace synthetic fertilizers with organic.
- A Sustainable Food Purchasing (SFP) Index of 68/100.
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT CONSUMERS?
If you are interested in additional analysis or adding questions to the survey, consider joining our Consumer Insights consortium. Contact email@example.com to learn more.