private APPLICATORS - INITIAL CERTIFICATION
Pesticide Core Exam required of:
- Anyone wishing to purchase and apply restricted-use pesticides.
- A private applicator that does not attend three recertification programs by the permit expiration date (five years to complete).
Category 14 Manure Applicator Exam required of:
- Any person applying manure from a Confined Feeding Operation (CFO) on property they own or manage must be certified as a private applicator in Category 14. This includes manure from CFO-size facilities from out-of-state. An exception is made for people that apply less than 10 cubic yards or 4,000 gallons of manure in a year. Farmers that apply commercial fertilizer to their own acres are not required to be certified.
- A private applicator that does not attend three recertification programs by the permit expiration date (five years to complete). Passing the pesticide core exam is not required prior to the Category 14 exam
Category 7d Fumigation Exam required of:
Private applicators that need to purchase fumigants must pass the Category 7d exam. The pesticide core exam must be taken prior to the Category 7d exam. After passing the exam, a fumigation rider is added to the private applicator permit; there is no additional charge.
READ MORE EXAM OPPORTUNITIES
- Reciprocal Permits with Neighboring States
- Other Pesticide Applicator Licenses