The electronic portfolio, or “scrapbook,” is required to document your activities and what you learned. The reflections and other evidence of your learning experiences such as pictures, clippings, mementos and personal narrative reflections can be included in your leadership portfolio.
The electronic portfolio is designed to be flexible, easily accessible and shareable. Students and their assigned coaches are able to access the Passport online site to review leadership assessments, developmental plan and reflections of experiences using the provided point and badge system.
Suggestions on How to StartThe portfolio need not be limited to the Leadership Development Certificate Program alone. The certificate can merely be one component of your portfolio. You can keep this functionality in mind while designing your portfolio.
- Make a list of possible components to include in the portfolio.
- Decide how to incorporate each component into the portfolio design using the point-based badge system.
- Develop a table to illustrate growth in the leadership skills and attribute areas and work from there:
- Leadership Skills/Attributes
- Leadership Improvement Goals