MANRRS - Purdue University Chapter
Minorities in Agricultural, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences
Minorities In Agricultural, Natural Resources, And Related Sciences, known as MANRRS, is a national society that welcomes membership of people of all racial and ethnic group participation in agricultural and related sciences careers. MANRRS members are encouraged to be full participants in other professional societies for their basic disciplinary and career interests. However, MANRRS attempts to provide networks to support professional development of minorities. It is a springboard for their entry into and advancement in careers where they otherwise could be lost in the sheer number and established connections of mainstream participants. For student members, MANRRS provides role models and networking opportunities. MANRRS also offers students opportunities to enhance leadership and organizational and public speaking skills, and to experience professional critique of scholarly worked in a “user friendly” environment.
All meetings occur in ABE B073 from 6:00 - 7:00 PM (Eastern).
- August 28
- Chapter Call Out
- September 11
- Chapter Call Out
- September 25
- Special Guest - Pepsi Co (Learn More)
- October 11
- Special Guest - Cargill (Learn More)
- October 23
- November 6
- Special Guest - Syngenta (Learn More)
- November 20
- Special Guest - Farm Credit Mid-America (Learn More)
- December 4
- End of Semester Celebration
- Plant Sale Fundraiser - September 27th-28th, Come support our MANRRS members as we sell plants to help raise money to send our students to regional clusters.
- MANRRS Region V Regional Cluster - October 20th-21st, MANRRS members will be participating in contests and getting to know other like-minded students at the Region IV/V cluster.
- Flower Sale Fundraiser - Feburary 12th-13th, Our MANRRS students will be selling roses and bouquets to raise money for our members to go to the MANRRS national conference.
- National MANRRS Conference - March 21st-24th
LEARN MORE ABOUT Nationals
- MANRRS End of Year Celebration - April 19th, from 5:00 to 8:00, Held at the Spurgeon Club - Mackey Arena, come celebrate the end of the year with your fellow MANRRS members!