Unsung Diversity Hero Award
Who we are and How we work together is of the utmost importance in the College of Agriculture. Our goal is to build and sustain a climate and culture where everyone in the college is included, respected and supported and each individual is able to reach his or her full potential for success. There are many individuals who work every day to foster an environment of respect and optimism. Therefore the "Unsung" Diversity Hero Award was established to acknowledge those individuals who work tirelessly to make a difference in the lives of others.
The "Unsung" Diversity Hero award recognizes faculty, staff, and students who have positively influenced a program, department, or organization from behind the scenes with a positive attitude, a willingness to help in whatever capacity necessary, and a commitment to excellence.
Who is Eligible
- Faculty, staff, and students who go above and beyond to create a safe and welcoming environment within the college.
- Individuals whose personal work has had significant positive impact on their department, a program, or organization.
- Individuals who go out of their way to lead others by setting a positive example for others to follow.
Who is NOT Eligible
- Individuals who are directly responsible for diversity initiatives in the college.
What does the Awardee receive?
The recipient receives $1500 S&E to further advance his/her professional development.
Unsung Diversity Hero Awardees
Faculty Recognition: Dr. Krishna Nemali, Professor in the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
Staff Recognition: Dr. Tamara J. Benjamin,Assistant Program Leader of the Diversified Farming and Food Systems program in Agriculture and Natural Resources of Purdue University Cooperative Extension Services.
Student Recognition: Ms. Jeanine Anara Cordono, Master’s student in the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
Dr. Linda Lee
Dr. Josh Widhalm
- John Cavaletto
- Dr. Linda Prokopy
- Navigating Difference Team
- Dr. Shalamar Armstrong
- Agricultural Economics Graduate Student Organization
- Jacie Grant
- Val Z. Schull
- Carmen DeRusha
- Dr. Shaneka Lawson
- Esmeralda Cruz
- Dr. Reuben Goforth