HOW DO I CREATE A CASCADE PAGE?
As defined by Hannon Hill, pages are one of the core asset types in the Cascade CMS. Pages represent the grouping of template, content, blocks, and more that a user publishes to the web. Essentially, your ‘page’ becomes a new web page.
To add a page:
- Login to Cascade
- Choose either the Ag or Extension site and sub-folder you want to create a page within.
- Choose a sub-folder you want to create a page within (you must have write access to this folder).
- Click Add Content > Default > select a pre-configured sub-page Asset Factory
- AG Extension Sub Page (blank template, add your own blocks)
- Ag Homepage
- AG Extension Sub Page - Content
- AG Extension Sub Page - Events
- AG Extension Sub Page - Media
- AG Extension Sub Page - Text Image
- Learn more about CoA Lab Templates
- Learn more about Grant Templates
You can now make page drafts, submit a draft, and then publish the page to make it appear on the live site.WATCH exampleSTYLE GUIDE
Q: Why create a page?
A: A page can be used to display static information content consumers want. A page can also display videos, images, news, and events when specific blocks are added to any page.
Q: How do I create a sub-site?
A: Choose Add Content and a new folder, and name the folder what you want the site name to be. For example, extension.purdue.edu/department/new-site-name-me then add the site's first page. Don't forget to name all files (pages, folders, images, etc.) with lowercase characters such as index for index.html landing pages.
Q: Why is my new site not loading?
A: Could be the site folder does not have a page named index. An index.html named landing page is required for a Cascade site to index and work. Only one index.html landing page is possible per folder.
Q: How long does it take for a published page to show up on the live site?
A: ITAP publishes our Cascade sites on a top-of-the-hour and every 15 minutes after. For example, Cascade published at 9 am and then again at 9:15, 9:30, and 9:45. Additionally, all user-submitted Cascade assets and sites are forced to publish every morning between midnight and 6 am.
Q: Can a page be set not to publish and index?
A: Yes. A page can be 'unpublished' and set to not index again. Learn more here.
Q: How do I work with long-term page drafts?
A: Learn more here.
Q: How do site and on-page navigation work?
A: Learn more here.
Q: How do I add an image to a WYSWIG block and align it?
A: This video explains how to add an image using the WYSIWYG block editor. Try this process if you have issues aligning an image in the WYSIWYG block editor do this:
- Add your image
- Add a caption
- Then use the align-left-middle-or-right via the paragraph alignment option buttons in the WYSIWYG menu.
Q: Can I create anchored links in Cascade?
A: Yes. You can use the WYSIWYG Editor to add anchored links. Learn more here.