Study with Us
Work with golf courses. Maintain professional athletic fields. Understand complex turf systems. Become a park manager. Operate a professional lawn care company. Produce sod. Work in green industry sales. Prepare for advanced degrees and expanded job opportunities.Schedule a Visit
Grow your Career with Turf!
Maintaining a high-quality, manicured turf that's subjected to intense use requires skill and experience. Turf Management and Science students learn to oversee and implement programs for the production, maintenance, and performance of a variety of turfgrass areas like golf courses, lawns, athletic fields, parks, and sod farms. The program combines basic scientific principles, technical agronomic information, business and management coursework, and written/oral communication and problem-solving skills to prepare graduates for a wide range of careers.Plan of Study
Purdue Turf Program has 100% Job Placement for the last 10 years.
1 in 2 of Purdue Horticulture Students Received Scholarships.
- Arboreta and botanic gardens
- Chemical and fertilizer companies
- Consulting firms
- Golf courses
- Historical sites
- Irrigation companies
- Landscape construction companies
- Landscape management companies
- Local, state and federal parks
- Recreational and professional sports complexes
- Resorts and theme parks
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Seed companies
- Sod producers
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- United States Golf Association
- University Extension Service
- Yard and garden supply companies
Turf Management and Science has placed 100 percent of its graduates each year for 20 years; credit the quality of students, the program’s reputation, and the professional network our faculty built. Our graduates are employed at top 100 golf courses, professional sports stadiums, and the nation’s largest landscaping firms. Graduates also own and operate their own successful lawn care companies, irrigation firms, and sod farms, or lead municipal park and recreation departments.
Connect with Us
Choose what works best for you!
- Schedule an Appointment - BoilerConnect
- Call HLA Office of Student Services at (765) 494-1302 (see hours below)
- Send us an email: email@example.com
The HLA Office of Student Services is open from 8 am to noon and 1 to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, except on University holidays.
Benjamin VanDyke, Academic Advisor
Phone: (765) 496-6433