Study With Us
A landscape architect is part artist, engineer, environmentalist, salesperson, and business manager. Landscape architects combine an artist’s creativity and inventiveness with the science of sustainable land management and the engineering of site structures, hardscapes, and land grading in a business setting. They design and plan new communities, parks, shopping developments, urban public spaces, and other outdoor environments.Schedule a Visit
Grow your Career with Landscape Architecture
- Work where art and engineering come together, and become a leader in sustainable design.
- Learn to integrate sustainable systems into urban environments.
- Design future places where we work and play.
- Complete a 40-week paid internship, gaining work experience on real projects.
- Be among the majority of our seniors – 86 percent! – who return for their final year at Purdue with job offers from their co-op firm.
- Graduate from one of the few undergraduate programs that industry-respected DesignIntelligence consistently ranks in its top 10.
Purdue Landscape Architecture Ranks in the Top 10 Nationally.
1 in 2 Purdue Horticulture Students Received Scholarships.
- School and college campuses
- Corporate and commercial grounds
- Public gardens and arboreta
- Green roofs
- Historic preservation and restoration
- Hotels, resorts, golf courses
- Hospital and other facility sites
- Interior landscapes
- Land planning
- Landscape art and earth sculpture
- Monument grounds
- Parks and recreation
- Land reclamation and rehabilitation
- Residential sites
- Security design
- Streetscapes and public spaces
- Therapeutic gardens
- Transportation corridors and facilities
- Urban and suburban design
- Water resources
Connect with Us
Choose what works best for you!
- Schedule an Appointment - BoilerConnect
- Call HLA Office of Student Services at (765) 494-1302 (see hours below)
- Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The HLA Office of Student Services is open from 8 am to noon and 1 to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, except on University holidays.
Benjamin VanDyke, Academic Advisor
Phone: (765) 496-6433