Throckmorton/Meigs Purdue Ag Center - Forestland
Throckmorton PAC is located in southern Tippecanoe County. The farm contains a total of 836 acres of which 184 are forested and managed by FNR. The forest tracts are split into 2 locations labeled Meigs North and Meigs South and are separated by just under a mile.
- Stream runs through portion of Meigs south
- Heron rookery located on the property
- Good display of wildflowers in spring
- Wetland mitigation acres created at Meigs north
- 838 acres
- Occurrence and Abundance of Acorn Weevils in Fragmented Landscapes
- Effects of Landscape Pattern on Animal-mediated Acorn Dispersal and Seedling Recruitment.
- Black walnut and red oak research trials. HTIRC
- Growth Response of Planted American Chestnut Folfnrlowing Midstory Removal. Dr. Mike Saunders
- FNR forestry capstone class has been uses the property.
View Lab Manager, Property Map & Learn More About Our Research
Purdue centers seek to support and enhance the research and partnership enterprise at Purdue University. The centers are valued and encouraged at Purdue as they create a venue for faculty to come together to pursue common goals. Forestry and Natural Resources have faculty and staff involved in six centers here at the University.
The Department of Forestry and Natural Resources maintains an impressive collection of state-of-the-art research and education facilities. These labs, green houses, and educational facilities are a fundamental component that enables our faculty and students to learn, make new discoveries, and engage our clients in using these discoveries to sustain our nation’s ecosystems and natural resources.