How to Apply
A few tips to keep in mind as you are applying for admission as a biochemistry major at Purdue: Most importantly, the Department of Biochemistry at Purdue University is in the College of Agriculture! Many students are surprised by this fact. Learn about the historical reasons our department is in the College of Agriculture.
Even though we are part of the College of Agriculture, it is important to note our program does not require coursework in agriculture. However, our students benefit from the College of Agriculture’s strong tradition of advising students to help them succeed.
Additional strengths of our program include:
- Small program size (about 165 students)
- Individual attention from professors (faculty to student ratio 1:7)
- Flexible curriculum, including electives, and optional pre-med and pre-vet concentrations
- 100% participation in undergraduate research
- Active Biochemistry Club with members engaged in service learning activities involving science education
- About 20% of the top Purdue awards in the past 10 years have been awarded to Biochemistry majors