State and Federal Employment
- Students and Recent Graduates
- Bureau of Land Management
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association
- National Park Service
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Peace Corps
- U.S. Forest Service
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Alabama Job Link
- Alabama State Personnel Department
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- Alaska Department of Natural Resources
- Alaska Job Center Network
- Workplace Alaska
- California Costal Commission
- California Department of Fish and Game
- California Job Search
- California Tahoe Conservancy
- Connecticut Department of Administrative Services
- Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
- Employ Florida
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- Florida Job List
- Florida State Department of Environmental Protection
- Tennessee Career Service Employment Information
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)
- Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
Professional Organizations assist you in your career exploration as you decide coursework, student organizations, internships and research projects.
While there are limitless careers in the field of natural resources, view our career profiles which highlights some of the career opportunities available to you.
- Career Opportunities
- Discovery Education Ag Explorer, explore various careers related to Animal Systems, Environmental Service Systems, Natural Resources Systems, or Plant Systems.
Related Skills opens opportunities as employers are seeking candidates with the attributes listed.
With over 50 employers at the FNR Career Fair, student opportunities abound with internships, summer positions and graduation career positions.
FNR Career Fair
Personal Assessment can help as you narrow down your skills and interests. Take a look at these resources that help you find the career that fits you.
If you are finding that none of the career options or job postings you have reviewed are interesting maybe it is time for some personal assessment of your skills and interests. The Center for Career Opportunities can assist with further career counseling. Below are a few sites that may be helpful as you assess where your interests and skills align with career options.
Choose what works best for you!
- Schedule an Appointment - BoilerConnect
- Call FNR Office of Student Services at 765-494-3591
- Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
The FNR Office of Student Services is open from 8 am to noon and 1 to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, except on University holidays.
Professor & Director of OSS
Jackie Getson, Interim Graduate
Program Coordinator (Current Students),
Research Associate & Outreach Coordinator
Megan Gunn, Recruitment and Outreach Specialist
Sr. Academic Advisor
Julie Pluimer, Assistant Director