Species Resources and Information
- Aquaculture and Aquatics Resources - Department of Forestry and Natural Resources - website on aquaculture production, aquatic nuisance species, economics & marketing, recreational fisheries, and Purdue's Aquaculture Research Lab (ARL). Also links to Aquaculture Extension personnel and publications.
- Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant - Site has research and educational materials, to empower southern Lake Michigan communities to secure a healthy environment and economy.
- The Purdue Beef Center - Site created by the Purdue Beef Team to provide the beef industry with a one-stop web portal to unbiased, third-party beef cattle production educational materials from Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service resources, as well as publications, videos, and links to valuable beef resources from around the country.
- A monthly, 15-minute video webcast produced by Purdue Animal Sciences in cooperation with BEEF Magazine. It gives beef producers a resource to help them keep up with rapidly changing trends and topics in the industry.
- Know Your Beef - The site covers cuts of beef, and how to select, handle, and cook them properly for a great beef eating experience.
- Indiana Beef Cattle Association - Indiana Beef Council and Indiana Beef Cattle Association. Information for consumers, retailers, and educators about the nutritional value of beef, and information for beef and veal producers and allied industry.
- Indiana Beef Evaluation Program (IBEP) - Indiana's bull test program. Information includes bull test results, information about genetic evaluation and performance, calendar of beef events, and links to breed associations.
- Purdue University Integrated Resource Management Program (IRM) - The program's objective is to improve the competitiveness of Indiana's beef-forage producers and result in greater economic sustainability of these production-marketing systems. This website is being redesigned and is currently off-line.
- Beef.org - Access to web sites funded by the Cattlemen's Beef Board and the Federation of State Beef Councils, and access to national beef cattle associations and the Beef Learning Center.
- BeefUSA - The latest news and information from the National Cattlemen's Beef Association.
- The Purdue Dairy Page - Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service resources, web pages, publications and programs related to the dairy industry and milk production.
- Purdue Dairy Digest - Purdue Dairy Digest is a weekly podcast series, created by Purdue Extension Animal Scientists, designed to be a resource of industry information for dairy farmers and the general public.
- Indiana State Dairy Association - Information about Dairy Herd Improvement Association tools and programs in Indiana.
- Indiana Creamery License Division - The mission of the Creamery License Division is to ensure fairness and accuracy in the weighing, sampling and testing of milk and cream purchased in Indiana through the implementation of inspection and educational programs.
- Indiana Dairy Producers - Organization to represent the interests of all dairy producers in Indiana. Web page features news and educational information of interest to Indiana dairy producers, allied industry and the general public.
- The Dairy Practices Council - The Dairy Practices Council publishes educational guidelines for the dairy industry and is a nonprofit organization of education, industry and regulatory personnel concerned with milk quality, sanitation and regulatory uniformity.
- Dairy FARM - Farmers Assuring Responsible Management. Web site features educational information about dairy farm management to promote animal health and well-being and antibiotic residue prevention.
- The Purdue Poultry Page - Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service resources, web pages, publications, resources and programs related to poultry and egg production.
- Indiana State Poultry Association - Information regarding poultry and egg production in Indiana.
- Indiana State Egg Board - Information regarding rules, regulations and guidelines pertaining to production and marketing of eggs.
- The Purdue Sheep and Meat Goat Page - Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service resources, web pages, publications, resources and programs related to sheep and meat goat production.
- Indiana Sheep Association - Web site featuring news, educational information, and links to resources about sheep and wool production in Indiana.
- The Purdue Dairy Goat Page - Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service resources, web pages, publications, resources and programs related to dairy goat production.
- The Purdue Swine Page - the Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service web site containing information on all aspects of swine production and management, as well as valuable resources for use in extension and teaching.
(A Pork Page Archive has some articles and information from the old Pork Page)
- Purdue Swine Day Reports - Archive of Purdue swine day reports from 1995 to 2003.
- National Pork Board - Web site featuring news, educational information, and links to resources about pork production in the USA. Includes a link to the Pork Quality Assurance (PQA) certification.
- National Pork Producers Council - News and information about issues and regulations that affect the pork industry and its producers.
- Pork Information Gateway (PIG) - PIG is a FREE resource for the US Pork Industry. The PIG Library provides the industry with factsheets, references, and a place to ask questions of swine extension specialists.
Resources and Information Applicable to All Species
- Purdue Extension Publications - Complete list (both free online and for sale), Livestock publications, Animal Issues publications
- Purdue BioEnergy Website, and Purdue Feeding Bio-Fuel Co-Products to Livestock Website
- Purdue Confined Feeding Operations (CFO) Website - Purdue web site to address environmental, public health, social, and economic issues surrounding Confined Feeding Operations and their impacts
- Purdue Center for Animal Welfare Science Website - Purdue web site with information on farm animal welfare and the human-animal bond
- Purdue Manure Management Website
- The Manure Management Planner, a Windows-based computer program to create manure management plans for crop and animal feeding operations
- BSE Information Resources