List of Donors
The Department of Food Science wants to thank all who have financially supported the Department. We want to recognize all of the individuals that have made their contributions to the Department of Food Science. These gifts, large and small, are very significant towards helping us reach our vision of being the leading food science department. To make a donation, contact the Agricultural Advancement Office, 765-494-8672.
Distinguished Pinnacle Award
Individuals and companies are eligible to receive the Distinguished Pinnacle Award. The award, presented by the Purdue President, is given to those that make a contribution to Purdue in the amount of $1 million or more.
The Department of Food Science is proud to recognize Sarah Scholle, widow of packaging innovator, Bill Scholle, as the Food Science Department’s first honoree of the Distinguished Pinnacle Award. Please read the release of the Scholle Food Processing Chair, the first endowed chair in Purdue’s School of Agriculture.
The Department of Food Science is proud to recognize William Bindley, Indianapolis businessman, for his pledge to endow a chair to match the Scholle’s generous gift. Mr. Bindley challenged all of Purdue to fund chair positions and in doing so, pledged to match the first 11 chairs on campus. The Scholle gift qualifies for this match.
The Department of Food Science has created the “Diamonds” to recognize those that have made a one-time gift or pledge equaling $100,000.
- Dr. Fred Billerbeck for his support of our library resources
- Sarah Scholle for her support of the Scholle Chair
- Dr. Alan Belfort family for their support of the mission of the Department of Food Science
- Advanced Interface Solutions for software donation to the Center for Integrated Food Manufacturing
- Roy Weikert for equipment donation to our pilot plant
- Arnold "Bud" and Cathy Denton for their support of the Arnold and Cathy Denton Scholarship
- Kroger Company for their sponsorship of the Sensory Evaluation Lab
- Bill and Margy Stadelman for the Graduate Program Support Fund
- John Morgan for his support of our Morgan Boardroom
- William Bindley for his support of the Bindley Chair
- Dr. Fred and Marcella Babel for their support of the Fred Babel Scholarship
- Hercules, Inc. for equipment donation to the Whistler Center for Carbohydrate Research
- Roy Whistler for his support of the Kresge Scientific Initiative Challenge
- Emerson Electric Company for their sponsorship the Center for Integrated Food Manufacturing
- Fred Franzia for his support of the Vine Enology Library
- Steeplechase for their support of the electronic resources
- Gerber Products Company for equipment donation to our pilot plant
- General Mills for equipment donation to our pilot plant
- John Nelson for his support of the Kresge Scientific Initiative Challenge
- A. E. Staley Tate and Lyle North America for their sponsorship of the Food Carbohydrate Lab
- Fran and Ernie Reichart (Red Gold) for their sponsorship of the Processed Food Lab
- ConAgra for their sponsorship of the Cereal Chemistry Lab
President’s Council Members
Purdue University recognizes individuals and companies that support Purdue with annual gifts of $1,000 with membership into the President’s Council. These are the annual gifts that were made to the Department of Food Science (listed alphabetically).
Dean’s Club Members
The School of Agriculture recognizes annual gifts of $500 or more with membership in the Dean’s Club. These annual gifts were made to the Department of Food Science (listed alphabetically).
The Department of Food Science would like to thank all of our annual supporters. Donors to the Department of Food Science that are extremely valuable but did not qualify for the any of the above memberships include:
Founders "Brick" Wall Members
The Department of Food Science recognizes all who have made contributions of $250.00 to the Food Science Alumni and Friends Scholarships and getting their name on a brick.