Information for Students
The College of Agriculture hosts career fairs in the fall and spring semesters. More than 250 companies attend annually. Students and alumni are provided the opportunity to learn about their organizations, submit resumes and interview for permanent or internship positions.
Freshmen and sophomore students are welcome to join upper-level students at the career fairs to learn about careers and develop the art of professional conversations very early.
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE Career fair Week
|Resume Review Day, Monday, October 2
AGAD 121, 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 to 3:00 PM
Students will drop in and network with employers in a casual setting to receive feedback on their resumes. Check back to view the participating employers.
FALL CAREER FAIR
Tuesday, October 3
France Córdova Recreational Sports Center, 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Employers attending the fall fair will be announced in September.
View the list of employers who attended the 2022 fall fair here.
|On-Campus Interview Day, Wednesday, October 4
Purdue CCO, Second floor of YONG Hall
Select employers will be conducting interviews on campus. Schedule an interview time by speaking with employers during the fair.
Get Ready for the Career Fair
- Your Student Career Fair Guide
- JCPenney Suit-Up Event offers a 30% coupon to students from January 28 to April 29 on select careerwear. View the details here.
The College of Agriculture Career Services and the Center for Career Opportunities (CCO) hosts several events and workshops throughout the academic year to assist students with their career services needs. Check out the events and CCO calendar for specific dates, times, location and registration information.
Academic Departments and Corporate Partners
Agrinovus Hosting Company Tours, June 8 & 9
Interested students are invited to participate in agbioscience industry tours with hotel accomodations and meals provided to participants. View the details here.
Campus and preprofessional workshops and clinics
For upcoming CCO workshops and clinics, please visit the Purdue CCO Events website.
The PASE Photo Booth for Professional Headshots is permanently operating in the Boilermaker Welcome Center, Stewart Center, Room 102. No reservations needed Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Contact: email@example.com
Pre-Professional Advisors are available to assist you as you plan and consider careers in healthcare or law. Schedule a virtual appointment with us through BoilerConnect. Alumni, please call 765-494-3981 to schedule. For upcoming events visit this link: The Latest - Career Success - Purdue University
Purdue’s College of Agriculture offers two unique public policy internship experiences for our undergraduate students. For our students who are interested in state or national politics, legislation and policies, the College of Agriculture offers internships in the state of Indiana or in Washington D.C.
- State policy internships occur in the spring in the College of Agriculture Spring Indiana Statehouse Public Policy Internship and/or the College of Agriculture’s Spring Indiana Farm Bureau Public Policy Legislative Internship.
- Policy internships with federal agencies occur in the summer in the Purdue University College of Agriculture Public Policy Internship Program in Washington D.C.
Interested in learning more?
- Complete an interest form to attend a future call out session.
- The policy internship application and more information can be found here.
- Learn about two students' experiences in the Public Policy Internship Program from the videos below.
- Agri-Pulse Communications Internship
- Boilers Go to DC Maymester Program - Deadline Extended to Feb 17, 2023
- NASDA Foundation Internship
- NASDA Policy Internship
The university and college career services professionals are available to assist you with developing successful job search techniques.
What YOU Need to Do to Get Started on Your Job Search
- Contact your departmental career coordinator or academic advisor
- Activate or update your MyCCO Account
- Update or create your resume/cover letter/references
- Go shopping for professional attire
- Join the Purdue Ag Alumni Association's mentoring program
do the research, land the job
The Purdue Career Research Portal is a comprehensive online career resource to support job and interview seekers.
4. Land the Job
Job Search Agencies and External Sites
Grow your presence using the links below.
The College of Agriculture posts openings for permanent and internship positions regularly to our online job board. Check the website regularly for new opportunities.
- Departmental Career Services Coordinators will also send student position postings to your Purdue email.
- You may also use the Purdue CCO website to find jobs and internships.
- Share your good news about internships or post-graduation plans by completing the Next Step Survey here
Are you undecided about your major or thinking about changing your major? Explore careers and majors by discovering who you are. Use the following links for tips and information.
College of Agriculture | Office of Academic Programs
615 West State Street, Room 121, West Lafayette, IN 47906
Email: AgCareerFair@purdue.edu or AgJobs@purdue.edu