Advising and Class Registration: Registration ChecklistComplete the following before you meet with your Academic Advisor:
- Please update emergency contact information in myPurdue.
- Sign-up for an appointment with your assigned primary faculty advisor. You may check who your advisor is on the Academic tab in myPurdue under Academic Profile on the bottom right of the page.
- Check myPurdue on the Academic Tab under Registration Tools for your Registration Status. If you find a HOLD, take care of it immediately. You will not be able to register, drop or add classes if you are in HOLD status.
- Login to myPurduePlan. The Worksheet shows your progress to date. Go to the Plan tab to create or update your plan of study. The plan can be updated every semester; you are not locked into past plans. Take a laptop or tablet with you to your advising appointment to go over your Plan with your advisor.
- Complete Pre-Registration Form, and check pre-requisites/restrictions for each class.
If you do not have the required pre-requisites/restrictions for courses outside of the Food Science Department see the instructor for a signature on a form 23. The form should be returned to the main office (NLSN 2203) or the Registrar (HOVD 45) so that the override can be entered. Form 23’s are available at the front desk in the main office. For Food Science classes see Caitlinn Hubbell for a Curriculum Exemption Request Form.
- When meeting with your Academic Advisor bring the Pre-Registration Form and a current resume (resume optional for freshman). Login to myPurduePlan to go over your progress, requirements, and updated plan of study.
- Registration Information FAQs
- Make an appointment with Academic Coordinator and Senior Advisor, Caitlinn Hubbell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upper Division Admissions Policy - SCI/MA GPA requirement (policy intended for every student who completes the required science and math courses in FS curriculum during freshmen and sophomores years and has an overall SCI/MA GPA ≥ 2.5 are eligible for enrollment in upper division FS courses).
- Course offerings will be available through myPurdue approximately 2 weeks before priority registration begins. View the courses you would like to take for the semester. Plan of Study Blank Worksheet Make sure each course is offered at a time that will not conflict with other classes and that you have the prerequisites or overrides in place.
- Social Science and Humanities Electives
- Professional Communication Elective
- Variable Title Form VT
- Plan of Study Worksheet
- University Core Curriculum Requirements
- College of Agriculture Core Graduation Requirements
Check myPurdue Academic tab 'Registration Status' link for your time ticket to register for classes on the 1st day courses are available to view. Select Registration Status on the Academic Tab, select term. Please note that the first day and time listed is the earliest you can register. Registration is available to you throughout that period.
- Priority Groups | Monday, March 19, 2018 - Friday, March 23, 2018
- Graduate and Professional | Monday, March 19, 2018 - Sunday, August 26, 2018
- Seniors | Monday, March 26, 2018 - Friday, March 30, 2018
- Juniors | Monday, April 2, 2018 - Friday, April 6, 2018
- Sophomores | Monday, April 9, 2018 - Friday, April 13, 2018
- Current Freshmen | Monday, April 16, 2018 - Friday, April 20, 2018
- All current degree students and non-degree students | Monday, April 23, 2018 - Friday, June 8, 2018
- STAR Sessions (New Admits, New Transfer Students - Fall 2018) | Monday, June 18, 2018 - Friday, July 13, 2018 (Mon-Fri 6/18-7/3; Fri 7/6; Mon-Fri 7/9-7/13)
- Open for Fall 2018 New Students and New Transfer Students Only | Monday, July 23, 2018 - Wednesday, July 25, 2018
- Open for All Students, including Non-Degree Students | Monday, July 30, 2018 - Sunday, August 26, 2018