International Programs in Agriculture
WHO WE ARE • WHAT WE DO • WHERE WE WORK
International Programs in Agriculture (IPIA) at Purdue University promotes and facilitates international activities in the College of Agriculture. We collaborate with educational institutions, research agencies and outreach organizations throughout the world. These partnerships help improve agriculture, natural resources and food systems globally.
Closer to home, IPIA services benefit and enrich Indiana citizens and the Purdue community. IPIA supports international work across the land-grant mission, in multidisciplinary teaching, research and outreach.
What can IPIA do for you?
- Assist in developing grant proposals for international work.
- Support faculty who want to host short- and long-term international visitors.
- Advise on arrangements for faculty and student participation in exchanges, collaborative research activities and development assistance projects.
- Support international students in the College of Agriculture.
- Provide administrative and project management support for externally funded international projects.
- Coordinate with the university's Office of Corporate and Global Partnerships and various Discovery Park centers.
- Help with activities that involve collaboration with units outside the College of Agriculture and with other academic, governmental and private sector groups.
- Help prepare for international travel with:
- Country-specific information;
- Assistance with passports, visas and travel;
- Information about medical precautions and inoculations;
- Help developing risk management plans for countries under U.S. State Department travel advisories.
For assistance and questions:
Associate Dean & Director
Agriculture Study Abroad
Study Abroad Program Manager
International Extension Specialist
International Visitors & Logistics
On Campus615 West State Street, Room 104
West Lafayette, IN 47904