USAID's Farmer-to-Farmer in Trinidad and Tobago
Addressing Food and Nutrition SecurityThe USAID-funded John Ogonowski and Doug Bereuter Farmer-to-Farmer Program provides technical assistance to farmers, farm groups, agribusinesses and other agriculture sector institutions in developing and transitional countries to promote sustainable improvements in food security and agricultural processing, production, and marketing.
- Started with 1985 Agricultural Development and Trade Act (Farm Bill), proposed by Representative Bereuter of Nebraska
- Farm Bill provides authorization in 5-year periods
- Currently in the 2019-2023 cycle
- To generate rapid, sustained economic growth in the agricultural sector
- To increase the American public's understanding of international development issues and programs and international understanding of the U.S. and U.S. development programs.
News About the Project
Check out highlights and accomplishments from the first quarter of 2022!
At the current Farmer-to-Farm Farmer Program assignment being conducted at the Vision On Mission...
The first in-person assignment, completed in January, focused on providing hands-on training in...
Check out highlights and accomplishments from the fourth quarter of 2021!
Purdue University’s International Programs in Agriculture (IPIA) and Purdue Cooperative...
Due to COVID-19 pandemic travel limitations, the Purdue F2F program has implemented a virtual...
The GAP certification assists primary producers and farmers with increasing the quality of farm...
Unemployment Relief Programme (URP) participants are becoming better farmers through practical...
Find out about the great work the team has been doing.
Most recently, Purdue Food Science Department’s Dharmendra Mishra and Amanda Deering,...
Farmer to Farmer Implementing Organizations
- CNFA F2F Program with core countries in Malawi, Mozambique, Angola, Madagascar, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Moldova
- ACDIVOCA F2F Program with core countries in Georgia, Armenia, and Honduras
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) F2F Program with core countries in Benin, Ethiopia, Nepal, Rwanda, Timor-Leste, Mali, and Uganda
- Land O'Lakes F2F Program with core countries in Ethiopia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco
- Partners of the Americas F2F Program with core countries in Haiti, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Nicaragua
- Winrock International F2F Program with core countries in Burma, Ghana, Guinea, Nigeria, Senegal
- National Cooperative Business Association (NBCA) Clusa International with core countries in El Salvador, Honduras, and Peru.
- International Executive Service Corps (IESC) with core countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.