Cover Letters and Correspondence
Clear and mistake-free communication with employers is very important. Over the last ten years employers have ranked communication is the top skill they are looking for in prospective employees. Cover letters and correspondence is a chance for you to show that you have effective communication skills. Below are several links, many from the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL), with good examples of correspondence.
- CCO Job Search Manual
- Academic Cover Letters
- Acceptance Letter
- Applicant Request For a Reference
- Cover Letters 1: Quick Tips
- Cover Letters 2: Preparing to Write a Cover Letter
- Cover Letters 3: Writing Your Cover Letter
- FAQs About Thank you Letters
- Follow-up After No Response to Our Interview
- Inquiry About Cover Letter and Resume
- Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology Cover Letter Example (Colorado State University)
- Letters Concerning Employment
- Rejection to Job Offer
- Request for Further Negotiation
- Sample Cover Letters
- Tailoring Employment Document For a specific Audience
- Thank You Follow Up Letters
- Thank You Letter Guide
- Tutoring Cover Letters
While there are limitless careers in the field of natural resources, view our career profiles which highlights some of the career opportunities available to you.
Personal Assessment can help as you narrow down your skills and interests. Take a look at these resources that help you find the career that fits you.
If you are finding that none of the career options or job postings you have reviewed are interesting maybe it is time for some personal assessment of your skills and interests. The Center for Career Opportunities can assist with further career counseling. Below are a few sites that may be helpful as you assess where your interests and skills align with career options.
Choose what works best for you!
- Schedule an Appointment - BoilerConnect
- Call FNR Office of Student Services at 765-494-3591
- Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
The FNR Office of Student Services is open from 8 am to noon and 1 to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, except on University holidays.
Jackie Getson, Interim Graduate
Program Coordinator (Current Students),
Research Associate & Outreach Coordinator
Sr. Academic Advisor and Interim Graduate
Program Coordinator (Prospective Students)